Anonymous said: hi, dia!! i'm really interested in playing this chara, but i've never played a character that has self harmed before, nor do i have any experience with myself. and she doesn't just cut, she burns herself. do you have any tips on how to write a character like that??? thNK U SO MUCH!! HAVE A NICE DAY <3
I hope that helps!
Since it was Munday, I decided to do a small art reference project for myself. And then I decided to make it public with the following notes.
From Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
What NOT to do (front):
- Don’t chicken wing your arms! Although it might be easier to hold the rifle, you will make yourself a bigger target.
- Don’t close your one eye! You will lose your depth perception, which is crucial when you are on the move, or are trying to determine how far away your target is
- Don’t keep your legs haphazardly strewn about. You need to make sure you’re balanced!
What to do (front)
- Keep both eyes open
- Bend your elbows downwards and towards the ground to make yourself a smaller target
- Bend your knees to control the gun’s recoil + be ready to move.
What NOT to do (side)
- Don’t put the stock above your shoulder
- Don’t lean back.
- Both of the above reduce your control over the weapon and may result in a black eye, and the rifle flying backwards and out of your hands.
What to do (side)
- Bury the stock of the rifle into the meaty part of your shoulder
- Lean into the gun to keep the gun under control when the recoil of the gun kicks the gun upwards or to the side
- Bend your knees slightly to lean forward, as well as make yourself a smaller target
- The soldier is relaxed and is most likely moving around.
- His eyes are searching for possible threats
- His hands are still on the rifle, even if he has a sling on
Low Ready Stance
- Possible threat has been detected
- Entire body shifts towards threat direction
- Stock is shouldered
- Eyes are focused on the possible target
- Gun barrel is pointed in the target’s general direction, but not directly at the target.
- Immediate response
- Soldier fires off shots while screaming to the other people in his team
- "CONTACT!" or "THREAT!"
These are fins from a 500lb Bluefin Tuna.
Tuna are members of the Scrombrid family, a group of fast swimming, partially warm-blooded apex predators, with highly streamlined bodies and retractable fins.
In the image above, the large dorsal fin, with its rigid bony rays, can disappear completely into a deep groove on the body.This gives the fish its distinctive bullet shape, as it charges forward in the water. The fin is pulled out when the fish is slowing down, or turning to keep its cylindrical body from rolling over.
The distinctive little fins, or finlets in the last image are only found in this group of fish. Muscles beneath the skin allows them to move independently. There’s a few people out there researching this, but at the current time their exact function is unknown.
sometimes i dream about running or fighting hurray for the wonders of the subconscious xD
My subconscious is trying to tell me something coz gosh, last night, I had a Red Beauty dream and all the characters looked like the designs I gave them for Once Upon a Teen Wolf and like Ruby and Belle were hanging out at the diner then they went out to ding dong ditch an old house.
The owner of the house was an old witch hag person thingy and she got really pissed and attacked Ruby and Belle and Ruby defended Belle and it was this epic chase fight scene throughout the mansion with Ruby always putting herself between Belle and the witch and the witch going at them viciously. At one point during the thing, Ruby was knocked unconscious and Belle had to drag her along and try to protect her and hide her while the witch was looking for them.
Then like after the whole thing, Emma came in and arrested the witch and Ruby and Belle went back to the diner. There, they talked for a bit, then Ruby went out to play with Pongo and some other dogs, and Rumple came in and talked to Belle, asking her how she was. Belle said that the experience made her realize something and AWYEA SHE LEFT RUMPSY FOR RUBY BADUM TSSSSS
also there was one part where ruby and belle were gonna make out somewhere in the stock room or something idk
idk i really wanna redo once upon a teen wolf now that i’m more familiar with this new better program but i’m committed to the bakunawa project rn but hopefully after i can get to it or like at least do a redo of an older scene and show how different and better i’ve gotten since initially starting the ouatw project anyways yea i think i’m done rambling congrats on reaching until this point ktnx luv u bye
So many books and tv shows about werewolves worship this dominance culture, especially a male-centric dominance hierarchy, and sometimes it drives me nuts because it’s regarded as the default. That if humans transformed into beasts, of course most of the survivors would be men,…
Reference sheet for our Bakunawa is done :D
(behind the scenes note: We use blue lines for some markings and stuff because those are markings that aren’t outlined in black when they’re going to be colored. Once the colors are paintbucketed in, we just delete the blue lines and it’s all set :D)
Magwayen. She is Hades’ and slightly Poseidon’s counterpart in Visayan Mythology. She ferries the dead to the underworld with her magical Balangay (Butuan Boat). She was also the goddess that ruled the ocean. While Kaptan is impulsive, quick-tempered and sometimes think with his dick, Magwayen is calm, level-headed and nurturing. She has a daughter named Lidagat.
Portfolio project. Weeh. 21321 to go.
Kaptan | Magwayen
Now I have mentioned the goddess, Magwayen, a couple of times before and I have already made a post on her here. A few things I would like to add on here is that it’s not really a magical boat per se but it was a regular boat that she ferried the dead along a spiritual river called Lalangban to Sulad, a purgatory the souls stop by until they pass a series of tests or are redeemed by the goddess Pandaki via their descendants before going to Saad, the land of the ancestors.
Also Lidagat isn’t found in any historical primary sources and isn’t found in the Diccionario Mitologico de Filipinas by Ferdinand Blummentritt (1895) but is from a story written by John Maurice Miller and the book by Miller is the only mention of Lidagat and co. with his version of the original Bisayan myth. So while Kaptan and Magwayen are actual deities in Bisayan mythology as they are backed up by several Spanish written accounts of them, Lidagat and the other siblings were never worshiped by our Bisayan ancestors and is from a recent modern story.
Working on a reference sheet for our Bakunawa (Lineart and Colored version coming soon, one for Haliya also coming soon!)
Hi there! I´ve been trying to get information about life as a performer on a circus (in the likes of Cirque du Soleil) and mostly how will life be there… do you have anything on that? - Anonymous